Monday, January 24, 2011

Señor, Necesito ayudar por favor!!!

And today felt like the "WOW that was embarrasing" day that I am use to. Spanish class was dragginnnngggggg on, so I decided to go to the bathroom. This bathroom was just a door directly from the courtyard. Once I was going to open the door to leave, I noticed that the doorknob looked rough. It looked like someone hit the knob really hard, maybe because they were stuck, and actually broke the knob and the door. Chances are, that is what happened, because it happened to me. I COULD NOT open it. The knob was not connected in the right place and it would not even unlock. Seriously, I think I was in there for about 10 minutes jiggling it around. Finally I started saying through the door knob hole, "Hola??" "Alguien aqui?" Of course, no one was. Finally I heard two guys sitting down at a close by table and started saying "Hola Señor, necesito ayudar por favor" Hello sir, I need help please. I said that it was not able to open, and he started messing with out frim the outside, the whole time just talking to his friend. Finally he got it open with his pocket knife. When it opened, I said, Muchos Gracias, and of course he just stared at me. Then I walked away and they started laughing. I don't really understand the interaction, but either way, I aam glad that someone finally came.

For lunch, we met for our bible study. There was supposed to be about 11 girls, but it ended up being 8. Hope led today and talked about all of the references in the Bible of us to sheep. Interesting facts about sheep: They are not driven, they are led by a shepard from the front. After they learn the shepard's voice and that the shepard is helpful, they trust him more and are less likely to leave. Also, sheep are not able to stand up if they fall on their backs, which means they will die if the shepard does not help them. We just talked about all of the verses, and how they translate for us. We can not trust God more, if we do not know his voice, which means knowig him more through reading the Bible, prayer, and fellowship. Sheep are not meant to carry things, like a mule, just like we are not meant to carry our burdens. "Cast all of our anxieties on him because he cares for you 1 Peter 5:7". I liked the discussion today because it was so simple. Our faith can become so complex and complicated sometimes, but I feel that I always get the most out of the simple teachings.

Next was art class and I finished my owl!! Well not yet, he is bringing a yellow pencil color for me to finish the eyes with Wednesday. During my next class, we somehow got onto the discussion of Caprisi salad?? I think we were talking about tomatoes and he was saying how good they were in Cr right now. He then stopped and asked what we were doing here and that we should be eating. We persuaded him to take us Wednesday instead of today. I love the teachers here!

Now off to do a BIT of homework, then off to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment