Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tuesday 1/18

Sooo today was a normal day too! It is nice to have more of a routine. I went to Spanish, which felt abnormally long today, and then a couple of friends and I went to the centro commericial behind my house. I had no clue all of this stuff was there until this week, and it is literally about 3 minutes from my casa. (We have decided that casa = house in Costa rica and home = house in the states. It gets confusing when we say, oh I left this at my house, and noone knows which they are talking about. Just for future reference) We went to Pequeno Mundo again, and I bought some cheap popcorn. I think I am coming down on the culture shock curve because I miss American food soooo much. I want Orville´s kettle corn popcorn and I want to eat it with my old roomies late at night. I have also realized that when I come back home, it will be crawfish season... (HINT HINT) Anyone is free to send me kettlecorn too. We then went to the closest thing to a grocery store that I have found. I bought some bread and nutella to make sandwiches with for lunch. Also some lime granola bars, we shall see how those turn out. I know it was in the budget to spend money for lunch, but I get so sick of buying food everyday.

At this ¨mall¨we found a Mexican Restaurant that we are going back to soon. We are all craving chips and salsa too. Interesting note: Even though most of the food here is very salty, the chips are not so much. I had nachos the other night and almost went to get more salt to put on the chips... if you know me and how I don´t put salt on my food, that should let you know how bland the chips were.

Dinner was HILARIOUS!!! I went and got Tony´s (A previous student brought her some as a gift, and she never uses it) to put on my cheese spaghetti. My roommates wanted to try a bit, so a couple put it on their dinner. Herbert then asked for it, and we were all a bit shocked. They do not like ANYTHING spicy. He starts drowing his food in it, and he says that it is not coming out. He thought it was cheese! I told him that it was hot pepper and he just frowned at it, looked back at me and said es muy malo para mi, this is very bad for me. He scrapes most of it off, but still had to mix some in. He proceeds to eat it, and starts COUGHING and hitting his hands on the table. It was pretty funny, although I am sorry for poor Herbert. He had to throw his dish away and get a new one.

Sorry for the typos.... I am again at school with the Spanish Spell check! Hasta Manana!!

No comments:

Post a Comment