Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MOST EMBARRASSING DAY!!!


soooo... to start the day off, we had Spanish presentations. Mind you, ours was around 15 slides, probably 10-15 minutes. Our class went to the projector room, then my group was going last. Right when we were about to start, another teacher with about, oh 25 Tico staudents walk into our class. HE insisted that it was his time for the room, maybe they over booked it, but our teacher said that we needed it for 1 more presentation. Instead of going outside, he told his students to sit down. THIS MEANS, we had to give our presentation in Spanish in front of ALL OF THE STUDENTS. We were so nervous and worried! I tried to lighten the mood by saying in spanish, we are very very sorry for our Spanish, do not laugh at us too much, and there was not a giggle or chuckle in the room. About three slides into the presentation, I remembered that we took a picture of me wearing a chief's headdress and the title was "Cacique Kelsey" (Chief Kelsey), as if we were not enough embarrassed.

We finally finished, and only our 4 other classmates clapped for us. The ticos stared at us the whole time, and did not clap or anything :( Needless to say, I can not remember the last time I was so embarrassed. After this, Hope and I walked to a Pequeno mundo store. This one was 5 mintues from my house, and I had no clue it was there. Nice to know now! I went to my classes then off to the crash party. My cook peace and democracy teacher Mr. Clarke walked over with us. We separated from him, then he came and grabbed my arm and said come with us. Then he proceeded to pay for 5 beers for us. I said no thanks, but I could never imagine that happening back home. I really do love all of my teachers here! None of my friends have said negative things about their either!

We danced with the Costa Rican dance group, and 3 Ticos finally came up and talked to us. only 1 spoke english though, but we talked in Spanish! Finally, our friend Brennan walked Rachel, Bridgett, and myself home, which was very nice. We have such a great friend group going.

SO EXCITED FOR THIS WEEKEND!!!

sorry it was so choppy this time, off to shower and to do homework!!

No comments:

Post a Comment