Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Medio de la semana

I love me some Wednesdays! I only have one real more day of Spanish class and my final on Friday. We gave our presentations today on different types of Latin American dance, and no Tico intrusion this time. Hope, Ben, Joey, Rachel and I went and had lunch at that chinese restaurant Mey Ben. I have such a hard time understanding that lady. She has a Chinese accent in her Spanish. Or should I call it Spanese. Art class was fun as usual, and then I went to a store and bought Peach tea. :) yummm!!!! I was going to try out Coca-cola light, since I have heard such different things about it: it is like diet coke, it is not, it tastes better, worse. One day soon I shall reach a verdict.

So, everyone keeps asking me about how I am feeling here. I am quite surprised to be honest that I am not very homesick or lonely. I am usually someone who likes to be with other people, and do not really need my alone time. I think that I get the best of both worlds here though. When I am with my friends, I am having a blast. When I am by myself, which is most of the time, I thoroughly enjoy it and appreciate it and this whole experience. In ways I wish that I had more feelings about everything, but it has just been so much fun. I am definitely learning so much about myself and definitely so much about Spanish. I am really looking forward to all of the extra time I will get, since I will not have my daily 4 hour spanish class. It stinks though that all of my friends will have class when I do not and vise-versa, but it seems like a great time to be independent and explore the city a bit more! We are trying to figure out where we want to go next weekend too. I think we will be heading to Manuel Antonio, which I have been told is the nicest beach in CR. We shall see. Even though I do not feel homesick, if you are reading this blog I am probably missing you! I think since it has almost been a month since I have ben here, it is finally starting to seam real. I feel like I am actually in a different country now. I surely am not upset that I am not homesick, I think that my reaction just surprised myself.

I can't believe that I am already 1/3 of the way done!! Que loco!!

1 comment: