Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Finals week??

So technically this week is my "final week" for Spanish. Class today was a bit better today, but definitely getting rough. I feel a bit guilty for not taking another Spanish class like my friends, but then I think about how much I hate sitting in the class for 4 hours. I know that I can get more down by myself, plus I will be able to hang out at home more and talk to them. For lunch, Hope, Rachel, Joey, and I went to Hope's house and had my watermelon, pretzels, and sandwiches. It was a nice little communal lunch. They all thought it was very funny that I brought a watermelon in my backpack to school.

AND------ MY class was canceled today! I will not lie, it is still cool to have a class canceled! I headed home to do some things and relax. Next, I went to the Auto Mercado with Ben and Rachel to buy something very precious to me..... MEN'S DEGREE DEODERANT! Maybe it is a little weird to talk about it, but I bought the women's kind back "home" because they did not have the right kind in the mens. BIG MISTAKE! And off we went. THEY HAD IT!! it was small and expensive, but no me importa! The store is very American and usually SUPER EXPENSIVE!! those little packets of taco and sloppy joe seasoning that are usually less then .25 cents back home, were around c1500, $3!!!!!!! We then went to Pequeno mundo to buy candles. It was a nice little day with friends. We had some great talks walking too. I love how much we walk here. Almost a month, and I have not taken a taxi yet. Maybe that is not a good thing, but hopefully I can explore more after Spanish class is over.

My last spanish presentation is tomorrow, so off I go to finish it!


1 comment: