Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 5

this is for January 5... I got a little busy. I have a new Spanish teacher, and she seems great. She is a little hard to understand though, but the class seems at my level. After class we ate empanadas from a stand at school, then Hope and I went to La Musa Confusa, for smoothies. I then went to my drawing class which seems like it will be great!!! He was a professional photographer in NY and seemed very relaxed. Next I had Costa Rica: Peace and democracy, with probably one of the most intelligent people that I have ever met! He worked for the UN, is a speech writer for the President of CR, and many other things too. He knew so much about each of my classmates states, and when he found out that I was from Louisiana he asked me to make jambalaya for the whole class one day!

We spent a lot of time with our host family last night, and we had 2 visitors from Canada. They wer both from Quebec, and the girl mainly spoke French. It was fun talking to another person in Spanish, that could not resort to using English like we do. It was more of a challenge. I finished the night off with some awesome tea with cinnamon!

It was a great day, except it got so cold. I had to walk home in between classes to change into classes and get a jacket. It is unusually chilly here, and all of the Ticos walk around with scarfs and jackets saying how cold they are. So far everything has been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment