Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lunes otra vez

Hola mis gente,

Today was great! I woke up, desayuné (That is like the verb I ate breakfast, but it really means I breakfasted), worked out, Then went to the park for bible study/picnic. A girl talked about creation care, which means taking care of the world that God has given us. Some verses that she used were Romans 1:20, which says For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. Another great one is Psalm 19, you should read it! A lot of the girls seemed confused, because it is such a big topic, and people usually do not have Bible studies on it. Nonetheless, I think that it is very important and another facet of God that gets overlooked much to often. I thinks some people view "tree huggers" as out of touch, because some can assume that they should be spending their money and time on saving dying people and the poor instead of the environment. While this does sound logical, it overlooks a huge factor- most of the wars, though entangled with other ethnic, cultural, religious, or social issues, usually start with environmental problems. Think about it: oil (Middle East), water (Darfur and Israel/Palestine)... the list goes on and on. Another interesting thing, is that before genocides occur, there is always an extreme environmental problem years before it. Rwanda was land pressure because of the population and unsustainable farming techniques. It is interesting how it gets so over looked, but it is soooooo important in the world today. So in reality, if resources and wealth were more evenly distributed, we would not be seeing the problems that we see today.

James 4:1-3
What is the source of quarrels and conflicts among you? Is not the source your pleasures that wage war in your members? You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. You are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel. You do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, so that you may spend it on your pleasures.

And this is a great lead into my time tonight. I listened to a David Platt podcast. He started off by addressing our purpose as Christians. It is not to have a good marriage, to have a happy family, to be successful at work... it is to spread the gospel of Christ to the World. Those first things are not bad, but should be tools for the latter. We should have a healthy marriage, in order to spread the gospel. We should have good families, to be healthy, but to spread the gospel and love of Christ.... The bible talks to much about asking and receiving. The above verse says that we do not receive because of wrong motives. When we pray, are we praying with that in mind? Say you are moving houses, some may pray to God to give them the best house in the city that they are looking for. But what is the motive?? It sounds like to be happy in your new house. What if the prayer changed though? Lord, please show us where to move in order to spread your name. Spouses: Maybe we pray for the perfect person for us to love, but what if we prayed for a person to share the Love of Christ with. That hit me big. I reevaluated everything that I have been praying for. Some were on track, but some were dreadfully off.

Just wanted to share with you!!

I went to class, drew my first human face, who happened to be Tom Brady. I did not realize until I showed Zack tonight though. I like it though!! I am so thankful that I took this class, I can definitely see myself getting into drawing more. Came home, cené (I dinnered), and now here I am!

Tomorrow is my field trip to the Foreign policy department. My teacher made it seem like it was a big deal because the head guy, I guess the minister, is talking to us. He is usually busy, especially with the Nicaragua stuff happening right now, and usually does not talk to students. It should be interesting.

Hasta mañana!

No comments:

Post a Comment