Sunday, February 13, 2011

First weekend in San José

 So, we decided to stay here for this weekend. Everyone else was gone either with visiting parents or field trips, so it was just 3 of us. Saturday, we went to a Mediterranean Restaurant. It was a tad expensive but really good. I usually do not like mushrooms, but for a plate with stuffed mushrooms, that were AWESOME! After this, we went to the Central Market, walked around there for a bit then went home. I went to the PArk of PEace and hung out there by myself for a while too. Later, I got a message asking if I wanted to go to the movies, so we went to go see True Grit. I thought it was really great!! I loved the characters and it is definitely a quotable movie. This post is pretty short, but nothing extraordinary happened today. I am really looking forward to tomorrow though. we met some missionaries last weekend at the beach who live very close to us, and we are going to church with them tomorrow... should be interesting!

Recovering from my lack of words, here are some pictures from today!

Walking to market and downtown

The Artisan Market

Costa Rican Congress Building

National Theater


On our way home from downtown

This the National Museum. At one time, this housed the army, but once it was abolished they changed it into a school. Now it is a museum. 

1 comment: