Thursday, February 10, 2011

El día de postres

I just read one of my new friend's Ben Gau blog, he is form Ohio. I realized that he has so many pictures on his, and I have sadly been slacking on pictures. That will all change though! I just assume that you will look on facebook, but I could give you all a inside scoop here!

After work out, we all went back to the Chinese Restaurant May-ben (I think that is a play on the words muy bien). For art class, we drew portraits of people in the class. We drew names from a bowl and I think I may of lucked out a bit. She happens to have a VERy SIMILAR face shape to me, long and a pointy chin! I was nervous at first, but I REALLY enjoyed it. It was a bit awkward at , looking into each others eyes to get the right eye shape and stuff, but I think the uncomfortableness made it better.


This was the girl that I drew in class




Can anyone guess who he is? He is a famous athlete!


My really cool/knows everyone/chatty/story filled teacher Milton Clarke saw me in the hall with 1 hour left until our class. He told me to go have tea with him, which turned into Chocolate cake, a pastry, and tea, for the both of us. We talked for about an hour, and since he talked so much, he had no time to eat his pastry...which got passed on to me...... bad kelsey. I talked to him about the UN Grad school in Costa Rica, the University of Peace. I asked him because he has worked for the UN, and knowing him he probably knows everything about it. I was right. He knows the president, the old president, and the whole history. Supposedly there was this big debacle with an old president. He started the school pretty much to get a Nobel Peace Prize. For some reason, the government did not have enough money to fix it up, so they legally signed the place over to this other man, just to get him started, but the government was supposed to still be the real owner. Come to find out, he sold it under the table for 20 million dollars, and is in hiding in China till this day! Because of that, the school does not have that great of a reputation Internationally, but is improving. He said that if I went there, people would be impressed that you cared about peace and learning about it, but not that you went to that school. I bet mom and dad are breathing a sigh of relief right now.... :)

After dinner, we all met up at school then walked to the mall for the movie 127 hours. I think I enjoyed it the most out of everyone but it was sOOOOOOO great!!! Since pretty much the whole movie took place in one spot, I thought they did a great job making it interesting.

That guy I was talking about earlier, Ben from Ohio, wrote about a church they went to last night. It is called the surfers church, or Pura Vida church. He went last night and said it was great. Missionaries from the states started it and I think it is a part time surf shop on top of the church. They take weekend surf trips with the group, and share the gospel with people that they meet there. It sounded so great and I really want to try to go next week!

That is all for today folks!

1 comment:

  1. Go to school wherever you want. Fly my Kelsey Bird, fly.over You know who.

    ReplyDelete