Thursday, February 3, 2011

El día de el temblorito de tierra

That is right! Day of the little earth tremble! It was only for about 5 seconds, but I can now say that I have felt a tremble. It was my little dark secret that I wanted to feel one while I was here... SUCCESS!! Éxito!!!! SO after my bit of excitement, I started my time with God. Went a bit longer than expected, which is always a good thing, so I did not get to workout. I went up to school around 12 and had a picnic in the park with mis amigos. Despues, class, then back home. My friend Brennen turned 23 yesterday, so we went to this great little restaurant for dinner, about 10 of us. It was called Cafe Mundo, or World Cafe. It was great! Just like home, because they gave you bread to snack on before dinner and your drink before your food. Usually, you get your food and drink at the same time and I do not recall getting refills. It was a great night! We all chipped in and bought his dinner, and we could all tell how appreciative he was for that and for all of us coming to eat with him.

After dinner, we took taxis back home. The one I was in did not know where our school was. It was fun explaining it to him, although I am sure he would say otherwise. It got to a point where Ben was just telling him where to turn.... made me feel a bit more local :) Finally, we went to Hope's house to eat Birthday Cake that she, Joey, and Rachel made earlier in the day. Hope's dad, the chef/firefighter/dancer, saw the cake and asked us if he could fix it because it was wrong. He took our extra icing and made NUTELLA icing..... yea, it was as good as it sounds. I remember that there is nutella ice cream here too, I am keeping my eyes open.

Made it home around 9:40, SKYPE DATE, then off to bed.
Manuel Antonio is supposedly the nicest beach in CR. My Tica mom told me that the weather is perfect there right now!!! There is also a national park there, that you can walk through and go to the beach. Maybe another surfing weekend??????

Abrazos fuertes!

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey. . . I talked to Meemaw and she was able to see your Cr pictures on Becky's computer. She was excited to see see them. She said that pics of you looked so "Kelsey".

    She really loves the nature pictures as well.


    Love you Kelsey. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

    Dude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cutie! Woah... a tremble?! That's crazy! I remember one time last summer in Guate I there was a small earthquake in the middle of the night. I woke up to my bed shaking, but thought I was just having a bad dream. Those things can be dangerous!! But I am glad you are ok. :)

    Sounds like you are having so much fun! :) Miss you!! Espero leer mas sobre tu vida tica maravillosa! :)

    besitos!

    ReplyDelete