Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Circus

So today after lunch, Joey had been dying to go to a veggie house for lunch. Joey, Ben, Hope, Bethany, and I went, and a couple of them kept joking about going. Our other friend Brennan said that he did not want to come because he wanted meat. Much to their surprise, it was very good. Ben got a veggie lasagna and admitted that it was the best lasagna that he had had! I got a garbanzo bean burger, which turned out to pretty much be a falafel burger, YUM!

Eating at Veggie House


Ben went to get a haircut, so the rest of us hung out in the mall for a bit. I went back to the piercing place and got a new one... sterilized and all (proud mom?) After that, we headed down town because we heard that there was going to be a circus or something. It turned out to be "clowns" and it was so strange. It was interesting how you could see the culture differences between our clowns and Tico clowns. The show was sooooooo slow, it would take them like 10 minutes to get on his unicycle... really.

Ticos watching the fun!
The little circus downtown, in front of the National Theatre 
We all walked home, ate dinner at our houses, then I met Joey and Hope at the highway and we walked to Ben's soccer game. I was pretty excited about it, because I have never really watched a real soccer game. Granted this was 5 on 5, and in a fenced shed thing, but I enjoyed it so much. I asked so many questions the whole time. I was not expecting to like it so much, but I really did. I think my favorite thing to watch if the bicycle tick (chileras)!  After the game, we headed over to Hope's house, and watch V for Vendetta. We rented it earlier from the school library and I really liked it. Ben said he thought it would be up my ally, and it really was. Maybe a to much fighting for me, but I thought the story line was great.

Off to bed now. No beach tomorrow though, Hope is on a field trip and Rachel is with her parents at Monte Verde, they landed today around 4. This is my first weekend in San José, time to explore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment